Where to get Professional Massage in Kitsilano
Feeling tense or experiencing pain from tight muscles? A professional could be to your benefit. Massages can help to improve and heal certain conditions and may even have long-term benefits to certain organs.
What is a Professional Massage?
A professional massage is performed by a trained massage therapist to treat clients by using touch and or pressure to manipulate the skin, soft-tissue muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
They are able to relieve pain, help reduce stress, increase relaxation and circulation to parts of the body.
Massages can be used to treat a wide range of medical conditions including:
- Muscle pain and circulation
- Anxiety disorders
- Increased heart rate and blood pressure
- Nerve pain
- Soft tissue strains and injuries
How Does a Professional Massage work?
A professional massage works by causing physiological changes in your body. These can be identified as two types of responses: a relaxation response and a mechanical response.
The relaxation response causes your heart rate and breathing to slow, your blood pressure to go down, and your muscles to relax.
The mechanical response causes an increase in blood and lymph circulation and relaxation of soft tissue.
Why is a Professional Massage is important?
Professional massages have many benefits to your health and wellbeing. Let’s take a look at a few.
- Relieve anxiety: During a massage, the part of your nervous system that is triggered delivers a parasympathetic (or calming) response. This has been proven to not only decrease anxiety during the session but also have long-lasting effects for up to 18 months.
- Improve Sleep: If you suffer from insomnia, a professional massage can actually help to improve sleep. The National Sleep Foundation reported that massages can trigger serotonin, which is responsible for inducing calm feelings.
- Help Heal Injuries: If you have experienced an injury you may also be experiencing soft-tissue restrictions which are also a source of pain. A massage therapist is able to get rid of these soft-tissue restrictions and increase circulation to the area. This will assist in the long-term healing process.
When Do You Need a Professional Massage?
The most common reasons why persons seek a professional massage are stress or anxiety and injury. There are many other reasons why a professional massage could be beneficial to you. Here are three signs you need a professional massage:
Headaches are sometimes caused by built-up tension. Tension can build up in our neck and shoulders, which can trigger headaches. Massages can help to ease tension, hence relieving your headaches.
You have poor posture:
Contrary to popular belief, poor posture isn’t a result of laziness. It, however, indicates tension in the back and neck, and poor muscle strength. A massage will relieve the tension, and help to increase muscle flexibility.
You’re working out:
Working out will cause you to build new muscles but may also add tension or strain. Getting a deep tissue massage can help to release the tension in your muscles and improve the range of motion.
Find a top-rated Professional Massage in Kitsilano
If you are in or around the Kitsilano area and have never had a professional massage, now may be the perfect time to book one. Enjoy the many benefits today!