Everything You Need To Know About Chiropractic
It’s no surprise that many people in Vancouver suffer from chronic discomfort in their necks, lower backs, or shoulders, whether it be long hours working on our feet or at desks in the home/office or all the active things we do to enjoy this beautiful city and its breathtaking surroundings. These various physical demands on our bodies will gradually result in a build-up of boney or soft tissue wear and tear that can eventually become painful.
Chiropractic is a non-invasive, hands-on, regulated health care profession focused on your spine, muscles, joints, and nervous system. Chiropractic care has provided relief to millions of people who suffer from chronic pain.
Chiropractors employ many different techniques depending on your condition including spinal manipulation, myofascial therapy, instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization, stretching, and exercise prescription for problems throughout the body. However, the advantages of chiropractic therapy do not end with pain reduction. There are many additional problems and symptoms that chiropractic therapy may help with.
Chiropractic therapy aims to alleviate pain by adjusting the spine, massaging muscles, stretching muscles and fascia structures, and strengthening the body. It’s most commonly used for back or neck pain, although it can also be used for headaches, arm or leg discomfort.
Chiropractors use a conservative approach to promote health by including lifestyle changes and exercise.
Physical rehabilitation and exercise prescription are areas where many chiropractors have further training.
7 Things That Can Be Treated by a Chiropractor
- Lower Back Pain – One of the most common reasons individuals visit a chiropractor is for lower back pain. Lumbar discomfort is generally the target of spinal manipulation research.
- Neck Pain – Neck adjustments are often used by chiropractors to alleviate neck discomfort. In certain circumstances, these neck adjustments, along with exercises and myofascial massage are often more effective than pain medication for neck discomfort.
- Tension Headaches – If you suffer from tension headaches, chiropractic adjustments to your neck may be beneficial. These headaches are prevalent and are caused by tight muscles in the back of your head and neck. Tension headaches are often associated with stress and poor posture.
- Migraine Headaches – Chiropractic spinal adjustments have been found in studies to reduce migraine frequency, discomfort, and the requirement for migraine medication. It’s unclear how this happens. According to researchers, chiropractic therapy decreases overall stress and tension, which may minimize the impact of migraines. Certain foods may act as migraine headache triggers. To assist in managing migraines and other forms of headaches, your chiropractor can also give you nutritional counseling and suggest certain dietary adjustments.
- Whiplash – An automobile collision can cause whiplash, which is a sort of neck strain. Neck discomfort and stiffness are common symptoms of whiplash. When you try to turn your head, the pain may become even greater. Less commonly, you may feel dizzy or sick to your stomach. Chiropractic treatment is an effective treatment commonly used to treat whiplash. A chiropractor may also instruct you on how to exercise and stretch at home and how to use heat or ice to relieve muscular spasms and swelling.
- Sacroiliac Pain – The sacroiliac (SI) joint is located near the base of your spine and is a large joint. A distinct sort of low back discomfort is caused by SI joint dysfunction. You may feel this ache in your buttocks or the back of your leg. Chiropractors use chiropractic adjustments to address this sort of discomfort. The chiropractor may also instruct you on preventing putting undue tension on your SI joint. They may also recommend certain exercises to help you develop your core muscles, which support this joint.
- Shoulder Pain – When you think of chiropractic therapy, you typically think of back and neck problems. A chiropractor can evaluate and diagnose the source of your shoulder pain or dysfunction and devise a treatment plan to get you better.
Signs You Should See a Chiropractor
Here are 7 signs why you should see your a Chiropractor
- You have a limited range of motion.
- You suffer from frequent headaches.
- You experience chronic pain in your joints or muscles.
- You are healing from a recent accident.
- You have numbness and tingling in your arms or legs.
- You have a sedentary job.
- You recently experienced whiplash.
- You want to prevent the problems above!
MSK Clinics in Vancouver
With an evidence-based approach to health and wellness, we’re here to provide an effective way for patients to achieve their objectives, whether living a pain-free life or simply maintaining a healthy, active lifestyle.
When you’re ready to come in, our chiropractors will create a treatment plan for you by using non-invasive ways to stabilize injuries, relieve pain, promote healing, and limit the risk of future damage.